Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES

yeSTERDAY WAS PERHAPS ONE OF MY WORST DRIVING DAY EVER. Not because of roads or other drivers, but because of the consignee. When I arrived on time to nload, the consignee required an appointment number. It seems that somebody at the company gave me directions calling for the load to be delivered BUY 0800, and not AT 0800. Because it wasn't an AT, I had to take the load back to our operating center for a delivery to be done AT sometime today. Very frustrated, and already assigned another load to Colorado, I got hold of my handlers Wilie and Kimmie, who were wonderful, got my load relayed to the OC, and me on my way to Colorado.

Enroute, I spent the night in my truck at my favorite mexican restaurant on the I-15. Just north of BARSTOW at exit 191. It sits on the West side of the highway at GHOST TOWN ROAD. They also GIVE a 20% TRUCKER's DISCOUNT. The food and service are great. View the pictures I attached. I had the Enchilada plate. and took a breakfast burrito to go for today. I reheat it in my truck oven. Its large enough for two meals. The owner, Gabriella, with here family make for a very warm welcome, as does Melinda. Very friendly.







I spent the night under their sign, leaving at about 530 AM. I managed to make it to Green River, UTAH where Ill sleep tonight. Tomorrow in Denver AREA. Delivery on Thursday.


Today I past through some beautiful scenery through Bryce Cannon and along I-70 through UTAH. I stopped a a few overlooks for fotos which Ill add later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Checking out your blog, Bill. I signed up for IdleAire today. I'm in Baltimore all day and wanted the services they provide. Thanks for your help finding me a scale.
Got my own with the $50 gift card they give you as part of Spring Training.