Wednesday, April 16, 2008

hurry up and wait

Well back on the road. took a trailer to gm/gg, to drop and pick up a loaded trailer. waited 4 hours only to be told that the load was canceled. I got another decent load afterwards, spent time with my wife for supper at a Petro close to home. My friend SHANE (A SCHNEIDERITE)also showed up. after my wife went home, shane and I exchanged stories and GPS mapping points. The next day I headed to WISCONSIN to deliver my load, while he headed for neely's landing. In wisc I droppepd my load, picked up another for Missouri. enroute that load became a relay at sturdevant, wi. I then got a load out of there to Jackson ville, IL.

The foto is of a fellow schneider driver having to pick up a loaded trailler. CHeck where he found it...in the mud. Who was STU??? enough to have left it there. He managed to jack it up, get under it and pull it out. He earned his money that day.



From Jacksonville, I got a load to Fort Worth. Am at Dallas OC now having some maintenance work done. The story here is that our governors are going to be jacked down from 63 to 60 (maybe 57). It'll take us longer to get a load delivered. there goes on time service.



On the way down, I crossed the mighty MISSISSIPPI. heres a foto of the crossing..Years ago (25+) I had occasion to walk with my family across the MISSISSIPPI. That was an experience. We also walked up the center of it for about a mile or so. Any idea where that was possible?


I wish I was able to get a foto of a trailler I'd seen on US69 North of Muskogee, OK. The trailer lost its tandems out the rear along with its DOT bumper.

Tommorrow I plan to deliver early, maybe spend more time here at DALLAS. espeially if I can get a new student out of here. on FRIDAY. I PRAY I DO.

No comments: