Thursday, April 10, 2008

TAH




Well am finally at home. Catching up on the past week. Things on the road got better. While at Albaquerque I took a few shots of hot air balloons over my truck in an IDLEAIRE spot.

On Sunday morning I sent in a few QC messages and got a call from Mike at trip planning. He felt the only way he may get me home on time was to leave my truck at Albaquerque and put me on a greyhound. NOT!!! I suggested deadheading me to some market like Dallas, Oklahoma, ETC, ETC. and was told that Schneider wouldn't do that. After having breakfast, I suggested by QC, DENVER...Guess what. I got deadheaded to DENVER to get a load to Kansas CITY, MO. From KC, a load to Lima, OH. Since Lima is east of my home, my trip planner, CHRIS, managed to get me a SWAP at ROCHELLE, IL...a hop, skip and jump from home. Thanks CHRIS. You're good. Arriving at Rochelle PETRO, the next driver was waiting for the load. We made the swap, and I BOBTAILED HOME.

Having gotten home, my wife and I went to visit my son and his family. Now relaxing at home for a few days.. MAY update more later.

Now at home, things will settle down. Was told I have a new student for when I go back on the road. Looking forward to the company.

No comments: