Monday, April 27, 2009

WHEEL ON FIRE!!!

NO NOT ME..another trucker!

I delivered my load at ELKTON, FL and proceeded to pick up a $ GENERAL load out of ALACHUA, FL going to SOUTH BOSTON, VA. On I95 in GEORGIA, an INTERMODAL trucker passed me doing about 70 mph, with his #4 trailer wheel smoking. I attempted to call him on the CB, and the response I got was he knows about it. (I SUPPOSE HE FIGURED THAT THE FASTER HE GOES THE COOLER THE WHEEL WOULD BE). About 5 miles up the road, he pulled over and flames were coming from the wheel. Supposedly a burnt wheel bearing. I didn't stop because he had nothe company driver and truck already with him.

Next incident was a pickup pulling a collapseable camper, prett mch cut me off in a construction zone. I don't use my airhorn often, but this guy asked for it.

1 comment:

rach980 said...

Hey Daddy-O...I've been keeping up with your blogs lately...must miss you or something :) Have a good week! Love ya.