Sunday, April 26, 2009

FUEL? I DON'T NEED FUEL

OR DO I???

Headed into FLORIDA, crossing the GA/FL line, my FUEL guage indicates eight full, and my low fuel light comes on. I check my digital guage, indicates haviing used 140 gallons so far, getting 5.82 mpg. WHICH DO I BELIEVE? My suggested fuel stop is still 89+ miles away. Generally I believe I get 180 gals in a 200 gal tank when I fill. There's always a bit of air in the tanks. I decide to try to make my stop. about 30 miles down the road, my guage is on "E" for Excellent, I'm about to call for a tanker from SEM since I'm probably running on fumes.. I make it to the PILOT and put in 157 gals. I may still have had 25 +/- gals left. I guess my guage is really off, perhaps to my benefit, but "not like in LIMBO"...HOW LOW CAN YOU GO???

After fueling, decide to make the TA just north of my morning drop, 3 o'clock and it's full. WORST parking I'd seen in a long time. Parking was ALL SC===== UP..I managed to convince another trucker, to pull out a traier he was dropping, allow me to get parked, and then back his trailer in but not so deep, and unhook.

ALL in ALL I can now relax!!

No comments: