Friday, May 9, 2008

RELEASE

Yesterday, we made it to GREEN BAY where I relased LOUIS to take his SQT. In the last few day, we all but ran out of hours on my 70 while at a live unload in SUPERIOR, WI. We spent the balance of the day until 3 A.M. on Thursday, when we drove to LAKEVILLe, MN to drop and hook for a load going to YODER, IN. At Superior, we found a small/gr8 truckstop (NMEDJI T/S) where the driver's lounge had leather rocker recliners, couch tables free fax, coffee and pop. GR8 place to rest. Parking 4 about 30 trucks. Exchanged war stories with other more veteran truckers. Having time to kill, Louis and I added some pin stripping to the hood and fenders. Dressed it up a bit.



Running to Lakeville, going thru Minneapolis/St. Paul, we hit a detour (no trucks) on I-31E. Needless to say we were able to recover withoout losing much time and added miles. Leaving Lakeville, we chose to take Wisconsin 29, all the way from EAU CLAIRE, WI to Geen Bay. GR8 route, lots of T/S.



Got to Green Bay to drop our load, now a relay at the OC. Also dropped LOUIS, my student at the training academy. Hes ready as he can be 4 his SKILLS TESTING. He has been a gr8 student working out his few driver issues on a day by day basis.Spoke for a time with my TE Supervisr (RICK) about the traing, and other misc. GPS issues. LOUIS, I wish you the best in this new carrier.



Having used up all but 2 of my 70, I spent the night, and now the morning at the OC. I have a noon liveload (AT), and taking it to GARY OC for aother relay.. THEN HOME!!

No comments: