Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MY INDIAN DAYS ARE OVER FOR NOW

Well it's been a gr8 2 weeks with SIMRANJIT. He introduced me to INDIAN cuisine, tried teaching me to speak PUNGABI, (I hope I spelled that right), words like TRUCK aaa, CARaaa, ROADaaa, etc. It seems that they incorporated much of the English nouns into their language. Of course I didn't understand a word of it when he spoke it with his GIRLFRIEND. He shared a lot of knowledge about INDIA and their government and way of life.




While we were together, he grew a reasonable amount of facial hair (beard) and tended to comb it with his fingers in a thinking manner. to describe it like HUMM--thumb on one cheek, four fingers on the other, in a downwards motion. Sim let me use his camera for a foto, and if I ever get it in email, I'll put on a before & after of him on this blog.

We had our last load together on Sunday, and I left him at Green bay on Monday. I'm gonna miss this new friend and wish him the best. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go to his family's restaurant in Madison, WI. SIM, (GUY) if your reading this, you left your flashlight and tie down strap in the truck.

I'm TAH now after taking a load from Green Bay to Indy, and then one from Indy to Gary. I plan to go on the road on Sunday or Monday, hopefully with another GR8 student. The past few will be hard to match.

No comments: