Wednesday, March 11, 2009

GO WEST OLD MAN

Well since my last entry, things have been moving. I did get a load going to CANTON, MS which I delivered this morning. While making the delivery, the consignee pointed out that only half the load was his. SCHNEIDER failed to tell me it was a two stopper. It had an additional 150 miles to be done this day to WAYNESBORO, MS. Not bad-- an 850 miler becomes a 1000 miler, with stop pay.

This situation did put me into a FIFO market though. My trip planner, MICHELLE, indicated I wouldn't get a load out till morning. Well they're deadheading me to LOUISIANA (150 miles), to pick up a load of SMUCKERS going to SAN BERNARDINO, CA. (1800 miles)..NOT BAD.

Called SANDY to tell her I probably won't be home for her birthday in 2 weeks. I had planned to be for that weekend. The fact is though, when they send me that far, it's usually that many miles to come home as well. Will try to take pictures as well.

HEY RAY...missing your BD also. KTBC&PH

No comments: