Monday, June 9, 2008

STUDENT FROM DALLAS - MARITZA

HAving delivered my last two load since releasing odilon at Gary, I arrived at DALLAS on Saturday. I checked with the DALLAS TE supervisor this morning and asked if she had a student available. As luck would have it, SHE DID!!

I met with MARITZA this morning, along with her husband, RICH. Rich is a 6 yr veteran with SCHNEIDER, and when Maritza finishes training, they paln to team together. He didn't want to be the one training his wife.

I received our assignment, a relay load from the Dallas OC to NEW BERN, NC. about 1300 miles. INTERSTATE most of the way, the last 250 Miles (+/-) on state truck routes. Should be interesting. Will keep you posted. Will try to add a foto when one becomes available.

1 comment:

Simran said...

Well, It was nice seeing you in Indy. Looks like your coming to NC as well. Im in Gordenville, VA helping out the dedicated Walmart account. 2400 paid miles in my first week!!! I run out of my 70 but tommarow I will have 11 hours to run. I think I like the dedicated Walmarts account and in future might switch to dedicated. Well, the weather is HOT. I bought a fan that I plug into my inverter. But Im enjoying my new job. Went to Norfolk and they turned my around from the tunner on I64. They said the tunner height is 13'6 (which I was legal for) but the HZ inspection lady waved a orange flag at me and I stopped and she made to go all around Norfold on 664. Other than that, It Great and I hope you are too!!!!!! Simran